Since 1995, GF Casting Solutions runs the foundry that is home to Europe’s largest moulding box for machine-moulded castings. However, the foundry was founded in 1887 as Meier & Weichelt company. Nowadays, there are about 255 employees producing large and heavy castings components with a production capacity of 65,000 tons/ year.
GF Casting Solutions Leipzig GmbH
Cast iron with nodular graphite to DIN EN 1963 e.g.
- EN ISO 9001
- ISO TS 16949
- DIN EN ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- DIN EN ISO 50001
- Material analysis laboratory
- Three-coordinate measuring instruments
- Laser scanner with evaluation software
- Testing devices for ultrasound and hardness testing, and for magnetic particle testing
Machine-moulded cast components for commercial vehicles, construction equipment, agricultural and forestry machinery, wind power stations, engines, industrial robots, textile and printing machines.
- Computer-aided design (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM)
- Supplier of ready-to-fit subassemblies weighing between 100 and 1,000 kg
- Iron foundry with Europe’s largest moulding box for
machine-moulded casting Dimensions:
2,500 x 1,600 x 500
- Machinery and assembly of certain product families
- Great experience with change-over from welding to iron casting construction