International division of the publicly traded company Georg Fischer AG
Development, production, and processing of heavy-duty lightweight parts in iron sandcasting, aluminum and magnesium high-pressure die-casting, precision casting, and additive manufacturing for a variety of applications in multiple different industries.
Fifteen production sites in Europe, USA and Asia, manufacturing partnerships in North America and Japan, two Research and Development centers in Switzerland and China
World's leading supplier of iron and lightmetal casting solutions for light vehicles, commercial vehicles, and a variety of industrial applications - demonstrably a top performer in delivery quality and delivery reliability
Proven expertise in casting processes (sandcasting, die casting, precision casting and additive manufacturing) and multiple materials that are relevant in (large-scale) serial production
Development and Validation Expertise
- In-house material and process development
- Product development with the support of the latest computerized simulation
- Creation of prototypes under serial production conditions
- Accredited testing institute for verification of computerized simulations on real cast components
- Highly heat-resistant cast iron material SiMo1000
- Heavy-duty cast iron material SiboDur
- Cast aluminum material AluSiDur for aluminum in new capacities
- Analytical methods for obtaining optimal material parameters for components
- Low pressure sand casting process LamiCast
- Composite casting with iron and lightweight metal materials
- Welding of cast iron
Pro-active measures for environmental protection, sustainable production
Approximately 4'600 employees worldwide
CHF 1'687 million
The organization chart reflects its organization as an internationally active corporate group with several plants at home and abroad.
The Management of the individual plants reports to the respective division management and the latter to Carlos Vasto, the Head of GF Casting Solutions. The departments Marketing and Sales, Human Resources, Purchasing, Research and Development as well as Finances and Controlling also report to him.